Friday, March 17, 2006

Good and Bad Things

Bad Thing
A friend of mine was recently made redundant without any warning which is a very bad thing. It took me back to the horrible time I had last year when exactly the same thing happened to me.

Being made redundant not only takes away your livelihood when you're the main breadwinner (and we both are), it also saps your confidence and your faith in the future.

It was five months before I found another job. Hopefully, it will be much quicker for my friend.

However, I am now happier (if financially poorer) than I have been for a very long time. I absolutely love what I do and work with a fantastic bunch of people.

So something good came out of something bad - only I couldn't see it or believe in it at the time.

Would I want to go through it again? No. Could it happen again? Yes. Would I cope? Undoubtedly.

The moral of this story? Never give up.

Good Thing
My friend Sam has lost 'two chins and a Bingo wing'. In plain English that's over a stone in weight. She's been battling for the past few months, and has given up smoking at the same, which makes it doubly hard.

So, keep up the good work Sam - we hope to see even less of you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home