Sunday, January 15, 2006

Nail Art

Stars and Stripes
We all spend a lot of our adult lives being very sensible indeed, me included. There's the responsibility of work, children, mortgages etc. At work I have to adopt a professional persona. It helps people take me seriously.

But sometimes it's good not to be serious and to show people that you haven't lost your sense of fun. I do that by having wacky nails.

I go to Blazing Nails (fantastic name) once a month. It' s a lively place, always bustling with people as it's tremendously popular. But it still mantains an atmosphere of calm, thanks to the beautiful and serene Vietnamese nail technicians, both male and female. They look at you shyly while they're doing your nails at the same time as conducting frantic conversations with their colleagues, usually without even looking at them. To me, the Vietnamese language is both fascinating and unintelligible, yet at the same time it has a mesmerising quality. It all adds to the experience.

I never know what pattern I'll have. It depends on what mood I'm in. Yesterday I chose black and white stripes with stars and lines of glitter. It looks fab.

Over the top? Undoubtedly! Will my nails get noticed? I hope so! They're for a black tie and diamonds ball I'm going to in a couple of weeks. They'll go perfectly with my black satin and diamante ballgown.

I love dressing up. It's so much fun. But then again, at heart I'm just a big kid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home