Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Happiness is ...

A New Pair of Shoes
If you're a girl, you'll know exactly what I mean. If you're a guy, don't even try to understand!

There is something about new shoes that makes you feel a million dollars. It's the look, the smell, the feel, the promise of your new shoes making you feel more glamorous.

I adore shoes and I adore them even more if they're a bragain. The brown suede kitten heels with a cute little bow that I bought today were reduced from £130 to £50, which in my book is a fantastic bargain! They had one pair in my size so, obviously, I was meant to have them. Oh, and did I mention they're L K Bennett? - shoe heaven ...

Long Lunch
Lunch is absolutely one of my favourite things. It's not just the prospect of delicious food and a good glass of wine (or water if you're being good), it's the fact that lunch usually means getting together with friends, catching up with each other's news, and having a laugh together.

I had a wonderful lunch today with two very dear friends, one male and one female, whom I haven't seen for ages. Everything was perfect. The restaurant was bustling, the food fantastic, the waiting staff attentive and polite (they were mostly French) and the setting elegant and sophisticated. We celebrated our coming together with two bottles of champagne (my favourite tipple) and the bubbles quickly went to our heads and made us feel giggly and relaxed.

The best thing, though, was the conversation which was intimate, funny, revealing and moving. Over four hours, we shared our secrets, hopes and fears and laughed at our various trials and tribulations, as well as at ourselves. We reaffirmed our friendship which, by the end of the lunch, had grown even deeper. We parted with hugs and kisses and a real determination to see each other more often. I really hope we do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home