Friday, January 27, 2006

Friends Reunited - Again

Endings and Beginnings

Life is full of endings and beginnings. Some make us happy, some make us sad. I have had more than my fair share of sad endings. I had one today.

But last Saturday I bumped into my friend Yvonne. I hadn't seen her for ages. We arranged to meet and on Tuesday we spent a very happy evening together, catching up on each other's lives. It never fails to amaze me how, unbeknown to you, your life is running in parallel to someone else's until you suddenly arrive at the same place at the same time.

Yvonne and I have both undergone a fairly painful transition period but are now happier and more fulfiilled doing something that allows us to be true to ourselves, rather than true to the idea of what we think we ought to be doing. We talked and talked and would have carried on all night, had we not realised that it was very late.

I am pleased for Yvonne and know that she will succeed on her chosen path. She knows where she's going and how she's going to get there. That's a very liberating experience.

'I feel like an Island'

My friend, Sam, said this today. She is cast ashore in her own little world where no one else but her remembers the 'dying fly' dance or thinks that it is perfectly reasonable to draw on your boyfriend's face in indelible marker while he is asleep!

Sam is a legend in her own lunchtime. She constantly has us in fits of giggles at her long and convoluted stories about her often tempestuous and always interesting life. If Sam didn't exist, you'd have to invent her. Keep them coming, Sam!

A Friend in Need
I have a wonderful friend called Franco who is the brother I always wish I'd had. To me, he is the family I would have chosen.

He's stood by me through thick and thin and is always there when I need him. When things go wrong, he's the first person I turn to and he always makes me feel better. We don't see each other very often, but we don't have to. Our friendship is solid and strong.

Thank you, Franco, for simply being there. I wouldn't get through without you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home