Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sunday Sunday


'Sunday, Sunday, so good to me', sang The Mamas and The Papas and this Sunday has been very good to me.

Croissants and Coffee
It started with our usual delicious Sunday breakfast of fresh croissants, coffee and orange juice. We sat in the dining room with the sun streaming through the window, heralding another beautiful day.

I had more coffee later with our next door neighbours (and very good friends) Ken and Shirley while we caught up with each others' news. It's always lovely to see them and the time simply flew by.

Our Street
We are lucky to live in a quiet, tree-lined cul de sac and this morning it looked particularly peaceful and picturesque bathed in early morning sunlight. So I decided to take a picture to capture the moment before everyone stirred.

Tennis in the Park
I played tennis in the park with the children today for the second time this weekend. We didn't play especially well, but what we lacked in skill we made up for in sheer enjoyment. I haven't laughed so much in ages.

As a reward for our efforts, we bought ice creams from the park cafe and ate them on the way home. Somehow, everything always tastes much better outside.

Revision Blues
My poor husband, Joe, spent the day revising while we were out having fun. He sits the first of two papers for his maths GCSE tomorrow. It's a daunting prospect to be taking an exam for the first time in nearly 30 years.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed he does well, but he's worked so hard, I'm sure he'll be fine.

I'm very proud of him and it just goes to show that you're never too old to learn!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home